Health has a significant impact on individual finances, especially during retirement. Since stress can be a significant driver of overall health, here are 6 quick tips that can be used today to minimize stress and help maintain your health. Reducing healthcare expenses should be a major goal within any retirement plan:
1. Consciously work on relationships within your circle. Put a little extra effort to stay in touch and treat people well (consider being extra nice to strangers, it may spread!). Find a workable place for relationships with people in your life that tend to be negative. Avoid judgement, because they may just be going through a rough patch.
2. Organize your physical space (de-clutter) and calendar (avoid over-scheduling). If you function well and are content with a little chaos, however, go with a little clutter!
3. Exercise – your mind, body, and spirit. Everyone is different so pick something that works for you in each area.
4. Engage with the world – Set a conscious intention to have more fun after your basic responsibilities are fulfilled.
5. Try new things and continuously learn.
6. Be YOUrself!
© 2012 Pawleys Investment Advisors, LLC. All rights reserved.